Thursday, June 22, 2006

Baseball season, it's over or is it?

Let's just say we're baseball fanatics! My husband plays softball and my boys play baseball of course. For those that don't know, after a certain age boys become men and they want to continue their sport. So they have men's softball. My boys have watched their dad play since they were tots. They now have the same love of the game!
The boys had a fun season this year. They even ended up on the same team. Boy, were we lucky! Before, we were running from each practice to each of their games. Then we got a call that Kenny's team needed a player. "Would you like for Mateo to move up to Minors?" He was on the Farm Giants and a little bored there. He was ready to play with the bigger boys. When the season first started we asked the boys if they wanted to move up a league. Kenny to Majors and Mateo to Minors. They each said no. They don't realize how advanced they are.
So they had fun playing on the same team! It's not going to happen often with their age difference. Next year Kenny will be in Majors and Mateo in Minors. I sure do love watching them play! Kenny is becoming such a great pitcher. Mateo has been playing shortstop but next year he'll decide what position he would like to play.
Now that the season is over, you'd think things would calm down. Yeah, right!Kenny made the All-Star team! Practice, practice, practice! My dad says too much practice. But for those that love the game and want to take it somewhere. That's what it takes!
Just one major side-note! I'm not one of those pushy mom's. Although my dad would say I am a little crazy! I guess if yelling at the ump to get some glasses, counts? Then, yeah, I'm crazy. But not pushy!

No comments: