Monday, July 03, 2006

6th Grade, are you kidding?

Kenny has graduated 5th grade. I really can't believe this day is here! My oldest is going on to "Middle School"! What am I going to do? Will he stay the same? My sweet,caring, hard-working child that we all know? Yeah, I don't think I have to worry too much. He's learned that working hard and achieving goals is more important.
I also believe that if you keep your children busy and interested in activities, you'll have less worries. Kenny is involved in band, cub scouts and baseball (of course). The middle school he'll be attending even has a marching and jazz band. I know he's interested in trying that out.
wow, can I just take a moment to ponder........okay, CRY! My baby, my first born is growing up!
My mom told me once, when I was rebelling, that letting go of your children is hard to do. Of course, I didn't believe her then. It's probably the hardest thing to do. Let them grow up and move on without your help.
What am I talking about, he's only 10 1/2 he still needs me. Sorry, I'll save this pitty story for ten years down the road.

No comments: