Friday, March 28, 2008

No More BABA!

I thought this day would never come! In case you don't understand baby talk, baba is pacifer. Christina is now 2 years old and we never thought we would get that "cute little thing" away from her.
It all happened one night......
I believe it was Sunday March, 23rd. We were putting Christina to sleep and she kept playing with her "baba". I told her she better stop or it's going to break. Well it broke! We showed her and told her she couldn't use it anymore. I thought she was going to throw a fit.
Amazinling, She didn't and we've been baba free since then! I think it also helped because I had her throw it away, it made it more real for her!
I remember a couple times for nap, she was asking for it. I felt so bad and wanted to go out and buy her another one. I did go buy her a new Dora coloring book, she deserved it!
Milestone!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Welcome back to the blogsphere!! So glad that you started up again. Also I am envious of the elimination of the pacifier. If only, I could be so lucky.

Carolann said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! It will be fun having you around.

Good job for Christina for getting rid of the pacifier! It is such a hard thing to do so it's great she was able to make the decision on her own.