Thursday, April 23, 2009

Recipe Time

Okay so I thought it's been awhile since I posted a recipe. So here ya go!
Tonight I made my Mexican Lasagna. This is a big hit at my house.
Everyone goes for 3rds.
I don't have the original recipe on hand anymore. I've been making it so long I just do it from memory.

Mexican Lasagna

Ingredients
shredded chicken (most times I use can of chicken)
can of black beans
shredded cheese
sour cream
1 jar of salsa
1 package of tortillas
1-2 tsp chili powder
1-2 tsp cumin powder

Directions
First pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Then I mix chicken, beans, salsa(all but 1/4cup) and spices together


Then I put a 1/4 cup of salsa at the bottom of a baking dish. You then layer tortillas, sour cream, meat mixture and cheese till you reach the top.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly. I like to garnish with tomatoes and lettuce. I usually serve with mexican rice.

Yum! Let me know if you try it!

1 comment:

Jen Sue Wild said...

This looks super yummy!!