So Monday we decided to go on a family adventure. Boy, was it an adventure! First we talked about the beach. I thought it would be fun to spend the day at the beach. While we were looking at ideas for our anniversary we came across Muir Woods. I remember going there with my family. So I said lets do that.
Muir Woods here we come!
It takes about an hour to get to the area and then about 15 minutes of winding roads up the mountain. They have a very small parking lot. So we ended up parking down the road along the mountain. Ken was worried about walking on the street (even though everyone else was). He sees a trail and says, "let's follow it"!
I should've gone with my instinct. I knew it would take us out of our way. This trail went up and up. It seemed like it was never gonna end. I kept telling him, "I can't believe you made us take this trail". Now you know everyone had to go to the bathroom after the drive. Everyone was complaining. I finally said start using the bush. One by one we used the bush. Oh yeah, WE!
We finally made it to the ENTRANCE of Muir Woods. By then we were already tired and out of breath. When we entered the woods, Christina refused to walk. She had had enough! Hubby had to carry her the whole way! That's what you get!
We walked about an hour through the woods. It was gorgeous! We then took off to Muir Beach. Oh did I mention it was cool! Well the beach was cold. I tell ya, every time we try to go to the beach it's cold! Maybe we should move to So. Cal.
We tried to fly the kite but not much wind. The kids had a blast digging and playing in the water. It was a nice, relaxing, and MEMORABLE family day!
That is my goal this year, to make as many family memories as possible. When I see a open in our schedule, you can count on an adventure for this family!
I hope you enjoy the pics, there's a lot!



No comments:
Post a Comment