Thursday, February 11, 2010

Keeping Busy

Of course there's a lot going on and I just haven't found anytime to write about it or take pics. So what's new...
Kenny has started baseball practices for the high school. He came in later than most kids because of wrestling. The coach told him he had heard what a great player he is and is looking forward to coaching him. Isn't that nice. Next week they will start with scrimmages against my old high school. He'll be playing through May and then wants to join the Babe Ruth league. We'll see how that works out!

Mateo was recently sick and had to be taken to the ER. Both boys have asthma and when they get colds we have to watch them closely. Well I told Mateo for weeks to prepare his body for the cold and he didn't follow my instructions. So he ended up at the hospital and received a breathing treatment. I think he finally realized how important it is to take care of himself.

Christina and I have started attending a music group. We get to sing, do circle time and play instruments. I'll have to take some pics. She's really enjoying the class.

I've had a few projects this past week that have been fun and very interesting. I made a new tote bag for myself. Forgot to take a pic though.
I recently made this

for my brother's girlfriend, Tiffany. It was a lot of work, but worth it. I really liked the way it turned out. It took a lot of patience to put it together and that's where my good friend Mary came in. Thanks, Mary!
Next week I'm teaching a sewing class to beginners. I am in no way an expert but feel that I have the skills to help someone learn a new talent. I just want to show them that it really is easier than you think and that it just takes practice! I'm also learning to look at my mistakes and experiences on my way to becoming a great seamstress. I only hope one day I can sew like my fellow role models; Mom, Grandma and Aunt.

1 comment:

Meme's memories said...

Pore Mateo Im glad he's feeling better. When is the music class I think the kids would love it... If we're still able to come that is