Sunday, January 31, 2010

Interesting Week

Well this week was interesting to say the least! Tuesday night I fell asleep early, woke up at midnight and found my upper lip to be swollen. I couldn't believe it! It looked and felt so weird! Sorry, no, there are no pictures. There was no way I was taking a close-up of this!
I went back to bed and hoped it would be gone in the morning. Yeah, right! The next morning my lip was still swollen. I decided to email my doctor and see what he said. In the meantime I took some advil hoping it would help with the swelling. I knew I should of taken benadryl but I didn't have anytime to be drowsy.
That day I had to go about my chores, errands and appointments like nothing was wrong. Even though I knew I had a fat lip! I also could tell the others wanted to ask about it but didn't, Thank You!
The doctor emailed back and said it had to be an allergic reaction to something I ate or something new I was using on my face. Then it dawned on me. I just received my Mary Kay facial cleanser and noticed that it had a new scent, floral. Any products in the past that I've used with a floral scent tend to make me breakout. This time I had an allergic reaction!
So I took some allergy medicine because that's what I had on hand, but I forgot to check if it was non-drowsy. Within 20 minutes I was passed out on the couch. Luckily, I had no commitments! I felt so bad for Tina though. She kept asking me to play and I had to tell her I wasn't feeling good. At one point she said she was hungry but I couldn't get up. So she decided to go into the cupboard and grab herself a snack. It was so funny, I remember opening my eyes and seeing her in the recliner with a cup of cereal. I just kept thinking that there was going to be a big mess to clean up, but she did a great job! So thankful for that!
By Friday I was back to normal. No more fat lip. No more Mary Kay!
Interesting to say the least!

Here is a new pic of my flower(s).
Day 12

They're looking great. Now I just need a house to put them in!

1 comment:

Ande said...

Avon eye make up does that to me. My eyes swell shut. not a pretty sight that is for sure. :)