Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Happy New Year, By The Way!

Well I've been so busy catching up at home, school, church and work I haven't had anytime to blog. We're already 6 days into the new year. 2010...is finally here. I remember being a kid and thinking this was the space age. You know Jetson style, living in space, space cars, maybe even those hover skateboards (Back To The Future). Nope, life is pretty much the same, we're just spending more!
So everyone is asking, "Did you make any New Year's resolutions?"
Nope, I decided a few years ago to stop that tradition. I like to make "Goals". I realized that resolutions get broken way too fast and for some reason when we make goals we try harder, longer. So here are some of my goals for 2010.
1. First and foremost, spend TIME with family.
I've made it a special goal of mine to make as many memories as possible for the kids/family. I want them to look back in 20 years and just have a mountain of memories.
2. Get ORGANIZED.
I love being organized! It just hasn't been so easy lately with a huge household. But I have a goal that will change all that and hopefully it will be implemented soon!
3. Try NEW THINGS.
This is mostly geared towards my sewing/crafts. There's always room to grow in the sewing department. This past summer I cut out a dress for Tina and have been too afraid to put it together. I need to finish it and hopefully she can wear it at least once!
4. Last but not least SPIRITUAL GROWTH.
I want to try my best to have Family Home Evening at least 3 out of the 4 weeks in the month.
I also want to read/study my scriptures 4-5 days out of the week. I know that the days that I make time for reading I feel like I can do anything. I guess you could call it my morning coffee!

So what about you and your goals?

1 comment:

Meme's memories said...

great goals raychel