What you can find out!
I've been wanting to start our family history/tree for awhile. Last year we had a family get together at my In-Laws and we asked tons of questions; Who's-Who, Where did they live, etc...
I finally got an answer of where they originated from; Germany, Norway and Okinawa, Japan(already new that one-given).
My husband comes from a 2 brother family, along with his Dad (2 brothers). Then we found out that great-grandpa came from a huge family. My Mother-In-Law comes from a large family as well. Why'd they stop the big family tradition, who knows!
I'm glad I was able to keep my hubby away from the 2 brother tradition!
I recently found out that I had a great-grandma that's name was Christina also. Meant to be!
I found out that Ken has a cousin named Mariko, in Japan, that I'm now emailing to. I almost named Christina that!
It's been so much fun learning about the other side. My Mom's side has been worked on for awhile and now I'm going to help my Dad work on his side.
Kenny recently went to the Oakland Temple and did some family work! He said it felt great!
Now I just need to work on that journal. So that one day my grand-kids will and can read about me and my past. Grand-kids, wow, that'll be the day!
1 comment:
That sounds great. I feel like such a slacker, but my mom already has most of my side done and Tom's family has most of theirs done. I just need to get names to do at the temple.
Post a Comment