Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's Our Anniversary!


It's our anniversary! We're celebrating 14 years. Yes, 14 years ago we got married and began our family! We were so young and we fought to be together. But only the best things come through hard work!
I told Hubby that our little girl is 3 now and I think we can sneak away. So I made plans. Got our hotel, set up a babysitter and made our itinerary. I was so excited to finally getaway without any kids!
Okay so I wish I could say I had pics of our San Francisco trip but I don't. Yes, I did take my camera and No, their not inappropriate. We had plans to go see Alcatraz and spend the day at the Pier.
Well when we woke up Saturday it was overcast! Man, was I hoping for a nice sunny weekend. I even bought a new outfit that would help get a tan while touring. No such luck! We immediately changed our plans and went to Japan town. Now of course we've seen everything in San Francisco plenty of times. We were just happy to do it without kids.
We spent 4-5 hours checking out every shop. It was so much fun! One of our last shops was a bookstore. You won't believe what I found there. I was so excited and told Hubby I had to have it!

A Japanese version of Twilight! Now of course I can't read it, but my Mother-in-law can. She said once she gets through her stack of books she'll call me.
Fine with me I just wanted it for a collection piece.
We came home in the early evening because the weather was not our friend.
I can't tell you how much Japanese food I ate this past weekend.
It was a great getaway!

1 comment:

Ande said...

I am hoping that in Nov Tom and I can sneak away for a night. 10 yrs for us this yr.