Thursday, July 16, 2009

We Have Real Progress

Well since we have been home, due to sick kids, I have been able to really spend some time potty training Tina. Some days she feels like trying and others not so much.
Today we really had a breakthrough. SHE WENT POOP IN THE POTTY! Now we all know that's the hardest and last thing to do, but it happened today! She was so proud of herself. We even took a picture, which I'll be so kind not too share.
The funny story about the pic is recently we were watching Jon & Kate one of the early episodes. The kids were getting potty trained and Kate took pictures of their poop for scrapbooks. While watching it I said "how gross" and that I would never do that. But when Tina's moment came I was so proud I just had to take a photo.
So 2 days ago I really wanted to get this done and over so I made a deal with her. I promised her if she could do 4 really good days we would take her to the store and buy her a BIG doll and some shoes. She is so excited for her new doll and shoes, she's been working hard.
This morning was a little tough, though. She woke up in a bad mood and didn't want to go potty. She through a fit all the way to the bathroom. I thought about giving up but I didn't. She eventually sat down and went. I think at that moment she realized how easy it could be.
Now I know this is a really long blog about potty training but I hope one day we'll look back on it and laugh.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

Hahaha! I saw that same episode of J&K+8 and thought the same thing. But then I remembered how proud Ry was of his first poop on the potty adn wish I had taken a picture. :) Congrats on the progress! :)