Sunday, June 20, 2010

Eclipse Party!!


Well I believe I just put on the best party in the whole world!
I have been dying to have a Twilight/Eclipse party. When New Moon came out last year I had no time. So this time I made sure to plan ahead and schedule everything just right. I started by doing some research. I wanted to see what others in the blog world have done. I also checked out my favorite site Oneprettything for some more great ideas. I invited friends and their friends and their daughters. Let's just say there was a lot of people in my house! I began shopping for fun party supplies. And then I got crafty!
I filled these boxes with bing cherries and called them blood shots.

My favorite, red vines became vials of blood. Choose your type.

Gotta have popcorn during the movie, but with red butter!

I had a bowl of muddy buddies, renamed puppy chow, for all those wolf lovers!

We had chocolate covered strawberries, because they're my favorite. The colors work, too.

Now the highlight of the food was this cake! My girlfriend made it and it is the most awesome cake ever!

Now for some of the decor.
You might ask, why a New Moon poster if it was an Eclipse party? Well we watched New Moon to catch some girls up to Eclipse (which comes out next week). Plus I really like this poster! I also printed some quotes and posted them on the wall.

I needed some candles and had to throw in some apples. So here you go...2 birds w/ one stone!

Now you gotta have roses! I also had some twilight books on display along with Stephanie Meyer's Host. Oh, yeah that's a signed picture by Emery. My girlfriend brought it to share!


We also made t-shirts after the movie was over and had the Twilight soundtrack playing in the background. I so wish I had a pic of the whole group to show you. I was having so much fun chatting that I forgot to gather everyone for an embarrassing photo, man!
Now that really was the best party ever! I'm so glad it had me stressed for a week, hoping I could get everything done in time. Especially, since my Grandma came in to town three days before the party. Boy, you better believe that I put her to work helping me! Now all I'm waiting for is to go to the movies. I've had my ticket purchased for three weeks and I will be in line at the midnight showing! And you know I'll have pics of that!

No comments: