One day last week we went to the Wildlife Center. We were all very excited to see the animals and learn about what they do there. I'm sorry to say it was very small and we didn't get a whole lot of information from anyone. Although there was one nice man who gave us a little info on some animals. I wish the pics were better but it was really hard to take pics from behind the cage. Here is a coyote with a missing eye.

Here is a bald eagle with a broken wing.

We also saw a raccoon, hawk, and snakes.
Afterwards we headed to our local waterfront and saw some boats. All in all it was a good day with the kids.
Later in the week we headed to Stinson Beach. After all these years of living in the bay area I've never been there. It's right next to San Francisco and Muir Woods, both of which I've been. We made plans with Marci (John's girlfriend), Katie, and Marci's brother and girlfriend. We left our house around 9:45 and ended up on a scenic route. Now, I knew the way but decided to let the kids put it in the GPS. That GPS took us on the LONGEST ride ever! I really thought we were lost and were never gonna see a beach. An extra 25 minutes later we made it @ 12:30. It was a little cool but we were just so happy to be there! We had lunch then headed to the water.

The kids didn't care how cold it was, they had a blast. The girls especially loved running from the waves.

We literally had to pull them away.

We made sandcastles, played beach games and just hung out. The kids can't wait to go back. Tina said Dad has to drive though!!
No comments:
Post a Comment