Monday, November 03, 2008

Voting time!

VOTE Pictures, Images and Photos
Don't forget to make the time to vote tomorrow. It is so important to take part in our government. I had a conversation with someone recently about how they believe that their "one" vote doesn't make a difference. Well I explained to them that for every "one" person that says that it could be 100 people per city, times that by how many cities are in a state then times that by 50. That's a lot of people, who thought their vote doesn't make a difference!
Especially for women, we should be grateful that we even have the right to vote. There are so many women in the world who do not have the right to vote.
What about the many women that faught for our rights to vote. I believe 33 women marched the White House grounds to receive our rights in 1921. Those were strong, spirited women. I would have been proud to march with them!
I know that sometimes it is difficult to watch (dirty) politics, but all you have to do is read the basics of what they believe and stand for.
Can you tell me that you wouldn't put any effort into knowing who runs our schools, communities, youth programs. Then why can't we put that effort into who runs our government and what policies are passsed?
Take the time to vote, I will!
vote Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

kellynmaryweaver said...

I voted lets hope My proposition votes count for more then my other votes! It is a hard day to be on the Red side!

Elise said...

Amen for voting. We must vote and utilize our rights and our democracy!