Sunday, March 01, 2009

Back on the Band Wagon

Well we haven't been having our family home evenings as much as we should. Bad, I know!
Sidenote: That's where we set aside time for the family and have a small lesson, games and dessert!
Well we finally made time and went over our new family charts I've been working on.


Nothing fancy, no time for that!
Just something to keep track of what they are doing.
We also talked about the importance of journal keeping. I explained that one day they will want to look back and remember important dates and events. Also one day they will have children and grand-children that will want to know more about them. So I gave them a journal jar/box with questions. Tomorrow we will be designing our jars/boxes (whichever they choose). The jar/boxes will hold questions for them to pull out and answer in their journals or blogs.
I'll post pics when their finished.

Okay so I thought this would be fun for me also. Even though I blog I could pull out a question and answer it.
So here goes...? Have I ever stood up for what I believe, even when it was hard? When?
Well this takes me back to HS.
One day this kid/friend in my class says to me, "How come you never cuss?"
I said, "Because I choose not to, it's not me!"
He said, "That's great, be you, don't change for anybody"!
Sidenote: this was freshman year!
Then came our senior year.
Same guys says to me, "I'm so amazed that your the same, you haven't changed. Don't ever change, stay sweet and unique"!
It amazed me that he watched me all those years! Good thing I stayed true to myself!
So what about you?

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love the charts! I need to do something like that. We haven't had family home evening in a long time. I need to get going on that! That is so great that you stayed to true to yourself, and stood up for what you believe in. I had an experience with some kids in our ward that wanted to watch an R rated movie. I wasn't sure what to do, but I decided that I wouldn't do it. Good thing too because the next day in church we had a lesson on not watching r movies. I'm so glad I didn't have to feel guilty.
I love your new hairdo to by the way, very cute! Oh and I'm glad the temple went well for you. =)

Angela said...

I love what you do for your kids....you are such a good mother.

Ande said...

I love the charts, I need to makesome. tHE JOURNAL IS A GREAT IDEA. opps. I sent out papers for everyone in my family to write down things about their baptism's, you would be amazed how much they have all forgotten, even the ones who had it done when they were adults. :)