Friday, March 20, 2009

Clean, Create & Consequences!

You know how your just so busy and then one day you realize how dirty your house is...today was that day. I spent most of the morning cleaning; laundry, laundry room, dishes, kitchen floor, more laundry, etc...
Luckily Tina had playdough to keep her busy!



The other night I taught the girls (at church) how to Mod Podge. I found these recipe boxes at Michaels for $1.
BEFORE

AFTER

I forgot to bring my camera, I wanted to take pics of the girls' boxes. They turned out so cute! This is the one I made Mateo for his Journal Box.


Okay so at my last parents class they gave us another tip.
It can be called the Chore Jar, Chore Drawer or Chore Box (as i'm doing)
You put a list of extra chores for them to pick out when they miss behave or don't listen. So I had these two tupperware boxes with a red and yellow lid. They reminded me of Stop and Go/Bad and Really Bad!
The yellow box has extra chores and the red box has chores they hate. It just depends how bad they're in trouble! They might just have to take out the trash or they might be on dog duty (poop)!
I'll let you know how it works out!

Here's the dog, Buddy! Can you even imagine what kinda poop he lays! LOL!

3 comments:

Leticia said...

love that sweet dog...i keep hoping that mine will calm down one day and be just like buddy!

Ande said...

I love the chore jar idea. That is great. I need to do that. I have those days when I look around and think, hmm, maybe I should deep clean a few things today. :)

Karen said...

I really like the chore jar idea for being bad. I'm so going to have to do that! I can only imagine the poop of that dog! LOL =)