
I found this recipe a while back on this site. Now I'm not one for making breakfast in the mornings. I'm usually in bed while the kids get ready! But I knew this was a day of first, so why not?
Okay so let me tell you how the day started.
Kenny was up at 5:15 AM getting ready for seminary. To my surprise he was up and dressed before me. Luckily, for now I have arranged a ride for him in the mornings. That is too early for me to be coherent and driving! He returned home at 6:30 and got ready for school. The high school is just blocks away so we said he could walk. He returned home around 3:00.
He said the day went by fast.
He has none of his friends in his classes.
He got lost at one point.
He didn't eat lunch, due to trying to find some friends.
Yep, sounds like high school!
Now onto Mateo's first day. Let's just start with the bus being 30 minutes late to pick up the kids. When he got to the school he said he had to do a lot of running around. He had to pick up a new schedule and they kept sending him to different rooms to retrieve it.
Then at the end of the day his bus never showed. I was over at the drop off waiting and found out from another parent that the kids were still waiting at the school. I took off so fast! It only took me 15 minutes and I was there chewing out any available adult. Now I know I probably over-reacted but after your child has been sitting at the school for almost 2 hours, I think you'd be a little annoyed also.
He was so happy to see me pull up! It was a long day to say the least for Mateo.
When I asked him how school was he said, "Boring"!
I hope it only gets better from here (for him)!
Later in the evening Kenny and Christina took a nap. They were pooped! I bet if Mateo had enough time he might have joined them!
I hope as the week goes on it will only get easier!
No comments:
Post a Comment