I am so upset with the criticism we (Mormons) are receiving. It's not at all shocking I must say. It's amazing to me that those that disagree feel they can attack us, call us names, claim to know us and what we stand for. They know nothing! I don't understand how the passing of Prop 8 is due to the LDS church. Just because we individually donated money to the cause, that we strongly believe in. Why didn't they come together and get organized and donate money to their cause. Was it not as important?
How can you say we took your rights away?
How can you call us bigots?
When we were just expressing our religious/American freedom to have an opinion and VOTE!
How come if you feel so strongly, you didn't win?
Did we protest in front of your homes/place of worship?
We did not!
We were very civil and respectful. That's not enough, though.
It's funny how I thought, what if we lose.
We would have moved on.
Said okay.
We wouldn't have made a huge commotion.
You wouldn't see us yelling in the streets.
Causing a riot.
Do you not get it. This is the second time we've (the state) voted on this issue and won.
Do you really think that we (Mormons) made this happen TWICE.
In fact (hope these #'s are right) we (Mormons) make up for 2% of California. Prop 8 won by 52%. We're 2%. Do you think that even all 2% of Mormons made it to the polls?
We're not the only ones that feel this way.
Every day people feel this way; Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Baptist, Anyone that has an opinion!
I just wish that they wouldn't attack one church in general (PERIOD).
We're all people with opinions and ideas!
We respected yours, now respect ours!
4 comments:
Well done Raychel! It is so true....
Wow. I feel so removed from this--well I actually am in Utah. It's a shame people are acting this way, very disappointing. And very good arguments in your post. ;)
Very well said! I feel the same way. They had a huge riot here last night infront of the Salt Lake Temple. It makes me mad...it's not the church's fault in any way. Thanks for posting! =)
I agree! Sad that a group or even individuals would feel that it is okay to defile a church, even if we disagree with our views. Never would imagine defiling any church building or anything for that matter. Seriously, people need to grow up and live with what the majority has choosen (twice). Sad!!
Post a Comment