Today I will be sharing two recipes with you. The first is
Asian Meatballs with Noodles
INGREDIENTS
Meatballs
1-2 lbs of hamburger meat
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs (it calls for plain but I use Italian)
3/4 cup Honey bbq sauce
1 egg
1/4 tsp pepper
Noodle Toss
1 package of oriental veggie mix (today I used reg. veggie mix)
2 cups of water
2 packages of oriental ramen noodles
3 tbls honey bbq sauce
This recipe feeds 4. You'll see I doubled it for my large family!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup bbq sauce, egg and pepper.
Place mixture into muffin cups, press lightly; spread remaining bbq sauce over tops.
Bake 20 minutes or until no longer pink.
While the meatballs are cooking I begin the noodles.
Combine in skillet, veggies, water, noodles(broken), 2 seasoning packets; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Then stir in bbq sauce. The longer the noodles sit, the fatter they get!
Remove meatballs and serve with noodles.
Okay this is a repeat for my readers but with new pics!
I have tried 2 different recipes for orange/citrus chicken, they were not a hit with the fam. I gave it up for awhile and then decided to try this one. I found it at allrecipes.com. This one was a hit! Yeah!
Orange Island Chicken
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon orange zest
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (I leave whole till I serve)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
DIRECTIONS
FOR MARINADE: In a zipper style bag, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, onion powder and orange peel. Mix well.
Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the marinade. (Do not discard the marinade). Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes more.
I then made a gravy with the juice by adding cornstarch.
I also sauteed some carrots, onions and water chestnuts in orange juice and soy sauce. Serve over rice.
Well happy cooking!
3 comments:
Those look sooo good! I'm going to have to make them! :)
We are posting your meal on Friday of this week. It is going to be a hit! We all are eager to try this ourselves!!! Thanks!
The Meal Planning Mommies
I love the idea of making meatballs in the muffin tin. Great idea! Both recipes look scrumptious!
Post a Comment