Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Letters, Pinwheels & Some Knitting!

So I'm just trying to keep a record of the activities I do to keep the kids busy. Sorry if it's boring.
Yesterday we spent some time writing in our journals. I try to have journal time at least once a week. We pull questions out of our journal jar and answer them. Mateo is really liking Tina's questions. They mostly consist of drawing something! I'm hoping this will help them form some sort of writing habit.
We then wrote some letters to relatives. Yeah, when was the last time you wrote a letter? Who writes anymore? It's all about computers and cell phones.
I found this idea to interview a relative and put it in her history book. Well good thing we just made personal history books! So those went out with the letters. It'll be fun to have those back, read and put them in their books.
Today my niece was over and we made 4th of July pinwheels. Their pretty simple to make, for older kids that is. I was planning on using prettier paper but seeing that my 4th of July banner fell and was ruined. I opted for cheap paper. They may not look as nice but at least we had a project to do together.



Here they are displayed on our door. (They didn't stand so well in the ground)

My niece recently learned how to knit with her fingers.

It's pretty cool so she taught us. It makes a nice, thin scarf!

Here's Mateo looking very confused and frustrated!

It was a pretty relaxing and productive day!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You guys do some fun stuff!