Sunday, August 09, 2009

Garden, Never Too Late!

This past spring I should have planted some flowers but I just wasn't in the mood. Every year I would help my Mom plant her garden. Recently, she would sit by as I planted. It was still a fun time because she would keep me company.
I just didn't know if I could work in the garden and not have her there. Then the other day my Dad mentioned the garden. It was also the week of Mom's birthday. So it got me thinking...it would be nice to see flowers again.
Well wouldn't you know it Ken happened to have the day off, so I got him to help. We took off to Home Depot and picked up some flowers.
Christina was more than eager to help. Here she is helping Dad rake the dirt.

Mateo ended up being the photographer, he didn't feel like getting dirty!

Here we are half way through. I don't have a finished picture because I ended up taking some flowers back. I decided I had too many of the same color. Tomorrow it should be finished. Then I'll have pics.

One thing is for sure, it sure looks nice with flowers again!
*Wait till you see my next project. I want to put a vegetable garden in the backyard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is the final the complete garden photo?