Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Well Deserved Dinner

Yesterday I decided to make a new dinner. It was time for a new recipe. I went hunting through my favorite websites, books and saved recipes. This was the winner!

Bowtie Pasta Salad by Jen
16 ounces uncooked bow ties, rotini, ziti or other shaped pasta
1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
1 cup Italian, creamy Italian or favorite dressing
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved

Cook pasta and vegetables according to package directions; drain. Combine pasta and vegetables with remaining ingredients in large bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
For variety, add sliced salami, cheese cubes, cooked chicken, turkey or cooked seafood to the salad.

I only used broccoli, cherry tomatoes, salami and cubed cheese (of course dressing). It was a big hit! Thank you Jen! This dish was so easy to throw together and that's a plus in my house.
Mateo loves fried eggplant. I decided since he's had a rough couple of days at school, mostly with the bus system. I would make him some for dinner. I really liked how it complimented the pasta.

2 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Yumm that pasta looks great!!

Bridgette said...

I am going to make a cookbook with all of your recipes..YUM! When we come out to CA to visit, I'm stopping at your house :)