
After it was finished I called the kids together for a meeting. I had them tell me some things they wanted to do during summer. I also had them come up with some personal/family goals. We then filled in the calendar with ideas to keep us busy during the week.
Today we will be taking down the calendar. I thought it would be a good idea to jot everything down before we do. You know, for our memories!
GOALS
*family bike rides- didn't' happen because of Kenny's injury. :(
*FHE (family home evening)(on a regular basis)- we tried as best we could!
*practice baseball- again with Kenny's injury.
*have friends over- not as much as I had planned. We were pretty busy.
*potty train Tina- Oh yeah, this one happened!!
*read 1 book per month- well there was a lot of reading, just not too many novels.
*make a quilt- this was my goal. The top is finished, not bad!
Places To Go
*park- we made it at least twice a month.
*museum- does the train museum count? We also visited the fire station?
*zoo- Oops, forgot about that one!
*Kathy and Lani's- yep, made it to the ranch!
*movies- thanks to the summer movie program and Harry Potter.
*baseball game- we could never find an open day or game we wanted to see.
Here's a list of the days that kept us busy.
We had;
Library Day
Park Day
Water/Chalk Day
Friend Day
Craft Day
Movie Day/Late Night Movie
Super Clean Day
Free Day
Outside Fun Day
Bake Day
Journal Day
Here's the list of crafts;
pasta fun
journal covers
potato painting
bean pictures
paints
puppets
lanyard fun
pipe cleaner fun
slime
This summer was definitely the summer to remember! I'm pretty proud of how I was organized with our time and what we did. Next year I will start earlier on the planning. I sure am going to miss the kids once they're in school. I guess my lesson learned this summer is that time is very valuable!
2 comments:
Wow, you are super-organized. I seriously need to learn from you! I like it and it sounds like you all are having fun!
You need to be a school teacher! Maybe Kindergarten, they do lots of arts & crafts, its the perfect job for you =0)
Post a Comment