Thursday, September 17, 2009

More Memories


I was remembering how my Mom through me a surprise birthday party for my 16th birthday. We were actually going to plan a quinceanera, a coming out party for a 15 year old, but it was for my 16th. My Grandma was gonna come and help put it together but plans got changed quick. I was dating this guy and asked if he would be up for that kind of party (I would need an escort) and he said no. How sad! So I told my Mom I didn't need a party.
So she put together a party and invited all my friends, even my boyfriend. It was such a surprise! I felt very special that night!

She also planned a big party for my 18th. We got the house already. Cleaned out the garage for some dancing room and invited all my friends. We even had karaoke. Now that was a fun party. Now guess who made a special appearance at this party? My future husband! The guy that I was talking to was his best friend and he wouldn't come unless he brought his friend. Little did he know that he just introduced me to my future Hubby!

Both these parties would not have happened if it weren't for the hard work of my Mother.

I'm finding myself struggling for some more unique/hidden memories of my Mom. I almost have that feeling that I've forgotten so much! I guess I need to pull out some pics. We'll see!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

OMG, the memories!!! Which guy were you dating at 16 (I forget, damn I'm old!). Ha.

Your mom was so sweet! Good memories....

Karen said...

Awww loving that pic, so cute! What a great mom you have! Hang on to those memories. It's crazy how you forget so many things after they die.