Last night I was just remembering some good times with my Mom and thought that's how I wanted to remember today.

I believe this picture was taken in '90-'91. We thought my Dad was gonna leave for Desert Storm. So my Mom had us go and take family pictures at Olan Mills (back in the day). I remember being at the studio and thinking this could be the last family pic we take. I was so worried. Who knew we had 18 more years.
We moved to the base at that time also. My Dad wanted us to be safe while he was gone. He actually was never sent out. I was so thankful he didn't leave.
I have this memory of when we were on base; I was sick one night and remember waking up and couldn't go back to sleep. I think it was November or December. I came out to the living room and my Mom and Dad were decorating. My Mom was playing her new cassette of Bonnie Raitt, "Let's Give Them Something To Talk About". They let me sleep on the couch. I watched them decorate and dance and sing to the music.

I believe this was taken right after my parents got married. It's in Calico. We recently drove up there while we went to visit my friend in Vegas. I don't remember my Mom telling me about this place. It wasn't till after her death, as we went through photos I realized I was at the same place my Mother was so many years go.

I believe this is the last family photo. Christina was a year old here. It was taken during Thanksgiving. My Mom made us take this photo. That year we didn't go to Apple Hill which is a family tradition.

This pic was taken at Apple Hill. It might be the last healthy trip we took up there
*I'll probably post more memories throughout the day.
2 comments:
Memories are good and I am glad you are takeing the time to reflect and rember.. I know your momma is smileing down on you..
Love you giel..
Hugs
Oh Raychel these are so great. I think I remember the pic of ur parents being up at your house. Your mom was truely a wonderful woman. I miss her and u so much. XOXOXO
Post a Comment