Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You've Gotta Try This

Here's another new recipe. It went over well with the fam. It's just another twist on the chicken dinner. Hope you like it!
P.S. stay tuned for another recipe...Taco Casserole!

Cilantro Chicken

Ingredients
(I doubled everything)
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon honey
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips (I used lime flavor)
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack chees
1 bunch of cilantro

In a shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, and honey.

Dip chicken in lime mixture, then coat with tortilla chips. Place in an ungreased baking pan.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the juices run clear.

Combine salsa and (cut)cilantro; pour over chicken.

Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

YUM! I'm going to try it for sure! :) Thanks for sharing.

Valerie said...

Mmmmm! I can't have enough recipes!

You have a very cute family.