Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yum-O, Bread!

I made banana bread yesterday and it was yummy! I've never made my own. I've just always enjoyed others. Like I've said, "Me, bake"? Hey I'm getting pretty good at this whole cooking/baking thing! LOL!
Next I'm going to try zucchini bread. Why not I've got a bunch of it in the fridge, gotta do somethin' with it!
While I was looking for bread recipes I found this interesting pie recipe. Maybe you'll be interested, like I am, in trying it.

Banana Bread Pie
2 ripe bananas, sliced
1/2 cup bisquick
2 eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tblsp butter melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
vanilla ice cream

Preheat oven to 400. spray pie pan. place bananas in large bowl and mix till smooth(need 1 cup).
Add bisquick mix , eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. mix until well blended. Scrape batter into pie pan and smooth.
Bake pie until it is well caramelized on top and firm around the edge but still a little soft in the center (25-30 mins). Remove pie from oven and let rest for 30 mins. before slicing. Serve it warm with vanilla ice cream!
Sounds Yummy, I'll be trying that!


No comments: