Thursday, December 25, 2008

Remember...


Remember my big project? Well I'm finally finished and can tell you about it. I was busy making "7" quilts! Yes, 7! There are 6 kids and I made one for my Dad, too.
Memory quilts. My Mom always wanted to make each of us a quilt, but she was too sick. My Dad and I talked and said it would be nice to get them made for Christmas for my siblings. Well I took it a step further and made my Dad and myself one also. And so you have 7 quilts!
I did have a lot of help and I just need to say Thank you to all that helped. Some ladies from church found out what I was about to attempt and they said they would help. Also I teach the 12-13 girls at church and they were more than excited to help. Here are a what a couple of them looked like.


Every quilt had 4 photos, 3 the same and one with them and my Mom.
I believe that they were well received!
Whoo, I'm tired now!

2 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

I know this has made your mother very happy. i can almost feel her smile down at you.
They are just so beautiful.

kellynmaryweaver said...

Your dad was so thrilled with the quilt~ I know it is hard but number two was a little easier!