Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween Craft Time

I love finding crafts for the kids to do for the holidays. This year I really didn't find anything that stuck out at me, like last year. This is last years project.

We had so much fun making these. The kids were able to use their imagination and just create. They're made out of felt. I had a few pieces pre-cut for them such as; eyes, nose and mouths. I then did some stitching to finish them off. I believe I found this idea on Joann's Fabric's site.


I decided I wanted some cats, pumpkins, bats or spiders in my window this year. Here is what we did. Using construction paper we cut out some pumpkins and then fan-folded them.


Here are our cats! First you make the head. Then fold a piece of paper and cut slits into it. Next make a tail and then glue it all together. Cute for a kid project!

They are now hanging in my front window. We still have some spiders to make. I ran out of black paper. Can you believe that I couldn't find any black construction paper. Time to hit up Michael's!
Stay tuned for some spiders and more crafts!
Here's Kenny busy doing homework while we have fun. He's really not into the kid crafts anymore! Man, what a teenager!

No comments: