
Yesterday was Mateo's "12" birthday! Let's just say we had a very busy weekend. First (Saturday) we went to the movies and saw Astroboy! It was a cute movie! It was even more fun because we filled up 11 seats. It's always great to attend in a group.
Next we took the boys shopping. We spent almost 2 hours at the mall! Then it was off to the Harvest Festival. There were games, treats, pie eating contest. Last year Mateo entered but this year Kenny was up for the challenge.
Sunday was just as busy! It started with everyone attending church and watching the cute Primary kids put on their program. The program consist of songs and talks/quotes about what they've learned throughout the year about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and Families.
Now in our church when a boy turns 12 he is ready to take on special responsibilities. He was set apart as a Deacon and next Sunday he will help pass the Sacrament to the congregation. He also gets to spend a week with Kenny in Deacons until Kenny's "14th" birthday.
Mateo was also given a temple recommend for attending the temple to do baptisms for the dead. This Saturday I will be attending with both of my boys, how exciting! I can't believe this day is finally here! Next will be mission calls, college and weddings! Whoo!
Yes, I know I'm jumping ahead but it seems like yesterday I had two little boys playing with trucks.

Okay maybe it wasn't yesterday but it sure goes fast! It has been so much fun watching them grow and change. I know that each of my kids is special and brings something to this family. Mateo has grown to be an amazing helper and is very caring about his family and friends. He's really enjoying his classes right now. He has kept up all of his grades and I am so proud of him for that. Last year he struggled with school or maybe it was just the homework! I've noticed what a great artist he is lately and that he loves to create things. I hope that those talents will take him somewhere one day!

Mateo,
We are so happy your apart of this family. Even though we have our ups and downs we love you and support you. We want you to succeed and be happy! I am so proud that you know who you are and won't change for anyone! Stay strong and determined and you will go far. Always remember that you have a family here on earth and in the heavens who are watching out for you and only want the best for you!
We love you!
Mom and Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment