Thursday, October 08, 2009

Playdough Fun!

Mateo had a science project due this week. CELLS! Remember doing those? I had a science teacher that had us form/build cells with playdough. Mateo had to pick between a plant cell or an animal cell. He picked the animal cell. So we headed off to the store in search of items to help build the cell.
What you need to make a cell
1. Playdough, many colors
2. String
3. Cardboard
4. Marker
That's it!
This was the best project ever. I could just sit back and let Mateo create. Usually I'm hands on but how can you mess up with playdough. If you mess up, just start over. I think he did a great job! I took this picture a day later and the drying process had started.

I don't know what we could have done to stop the cracking and seperation. Mateo was worried it would ruin his grade. I told him his teacher would understand.

Tina saw that there was playdough left over so she wanted to have some fun.

Here's our first little friend.

She needed a pet.

Now there are two friends! "Where's my pet?"

Here ya go!

No comments: