Anyone who knows me well, knows I can't handle it when my kids are on field trips. I've gotten better over the last few years. So when they go on a trip to Vacaville or Suisun I don't freak out but if they go farther like Sacramento or San Francisco, it's a little hard.
I use to go on all their field trips but when I had Christina it just wasn't possible. When I was pregnant with Christina, Kenny was going to Alcatraz and Angel Island. I didn't know what I was going to do. It was impossible for me to go, Ken was working but Uncle John was available.
Yep, I sent Uncle John.
I just don't like the idea of my kids being on buses with no seat belts and crossing bridges.
Well today Kenny is off to Great America, San Jose. He left at 7am and won't be back till 9 or 10pm. I'm trying to make the day go as fast as possible. Ken is also gone at a softball tournament. So it's just Mateo, Christina and me.
I slept in till 10am, bike riding at noon, visit Mom at 3pm.... what else can I do to keep my mind off it.
He's a good kid, he's a good kid...he'll be safe, he'll be safe...he's okay, he's okay!
I'm doing okay really, 6 hours down, 8 more to go!
3 comments:
He'll be fine. He is a great kid and all will go well. I bet that he had a blast.
How'd it go?? Hopefully the time past quickly and I am sure he had a blast.
I haven't had to deal with this yet, but I'm sure I'd be freaking out too. I am a little paranoid about everything. I'm sure he arrived home safe and sound. (And you'll be stronger because of it!)
Post a Comment