Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Losing Track!

Well yesterday was interesting. My hubby called me and asked me to do some research for him. There was a Richmond police officer that was involved in a car crash. He was concerned that we knew him. A couple of days ago I saw the article but didn't put two and two together.
It was Brad Moody from school. I mostly knew his older brother, but Ken and his brother played ball with the Moody boys. The article wasn't clear if it was B. Moody from Vacaville. So I called around and found out that it was. Yesterday the family took him off life support, he was brain dead. He leaves behind a wife and 2 children. How sad is that?
Up until that moment of finding out about the accident, I realized I had forgotten what day/week it was. It made me stop and think. I've been on the go, keeping busy and I lost track of time. I had to pull out the calendar and look.
It has been 3 weeks today that my Mom passed away. It was amazing and scary how I had lost track. "No way", I was thinking. It seemed longer, like months.
There I go living again, moving forward! I can't believe that it's been such a short time. I have been trying to get back on schedule. Little by little I'm adding things back into my life. Not too much at once. I'm trying to get as much sleep as possible, that's gotten better. I'm still too tense! I'm trying to relax, not be stressed. I don't feel stressed, but my body is telling me otherwise!

I wanted to have a good day today. So I took Christina to the park, that was fun. Great to be outside enjoying the air!
I also felt impelled to do something for the Moody family. I wrote them a letter, expressing my sorrows for them and for my recent loss. I also took them a fruit tray. I know that I lost my appetite for a couple of weeks but it was helpful when people brought food over. That was the last thing on my mind.

I have also began my studies again. Reading spiritual things, lessons, scriptures, poems, etc... It felt great! The spirit was strong during those studies and helped me to feel comfort and very blessed. I miss that feeling and I was so happy to have it back. This was hard for me, because my Mom and I use to converse with each other over our studies. When I was done I wanted to talk with her about what I read and felt. She wasn't there!
But I did enjoy that feeling of comfort and I plan to go back to a daily study schedule. That would make her proud!

Move on.
Learn.
Progress!

That is what she would say!
Today was a good day!

No comments: