Saturday, October 04, 2008

My Hubby


So you know how the question always comes up, "how did you guys meet"? I always tell it a little different because I get tired of saying it over and over. Although I do think it's a great story, it always sounds corny. Like one of those stories you just can't believe. So here goes!
Well I have to start at the beginning. Both our Dads were military and we ended up living across the street from each other. He's a year younger than me so I didn't pay much attention to him. All I remember of him is that he was one of those punks that hung out on the corner and he had long hair (which I didn't care for). His family moved off base shortly after we moved on base. And that was that.
Then came high school, my senior year. I just had my heart broken by my long time best boy-friend. I then became close friends with Greg, who kept my mind off the old guy. One day he said, "I want you to meet my best friend" (he wanted to show me off).
Well he came over to the house one day with Ken! I couldn't keep my eyes off him and Greg noticed. Well I knew he looked familiar. He had to remind me he was that kid from across the street. He still looked like a punk but with short hair this time.
From that moment I was fascinated with him and only him. We eventually got rid of Greg and began a relationship!
Side note: it wasn't easy getting rid of Greg. He didn't like being dropped. He use to call and I would be talking to Ken on the other line. We hid it for awhile because we knew he would take it bad. I had to put blocks on my phone so he would stop calling me. It got a little crazy!
Ken recently told me he felt bad for what he did to his friend but that it was worth it. Greg was so shocked when he found out we were getting married and later when we bumped into him with 2 kids, even more so!
And that's our story!

Meet Greg.
Meet best friend, Ken.
Get rid of Greg.
Date Ken.
Marry Ken.


While getting to know each other it even gets more crazy. We found out that our paths crossed more than once.
-He was living in Japan when we had orders but were cancelled.
-His Uncle lives in Louisiana, where we were stationed. He took a vacation there at the same time we were stationed there, which means we were at the same place, same time and didn't know it!
I remember telling my Grandma that all those signs meant that we were suppose to meet and be together.
It hasn't always been easy with Ken but in the end it's been worth it. Our first 3 years were rough. It's tough when you come from different backgrounds, family styles, religion, etc... But when your love for each other is strong you can make it through anything!
Another side note: my parents weren't too happy with our relationship, but in the end I know that my Mom (and Dad) love Ken like a son!

Sorry if that was a boring story. I just thought I'd put it to paper or blog!
If you feel like telling your story, I promise I won't be bored!

4 comments:

kellynmaryweaver said...

Okay that is a cute story! I love when you tell me cute pictures!!!Did you know I met my Mormon husband at a bar! Yes line dancing to Achy Breaky Heart! Now we watch Hannah Montanna with Bridget and Quinn I guess we have come full circle glad he got active glad I followed him and no more bars!

Leticia said...

That is so cute! I know I told you that I would put our story on the blog, but I cleaned out the garage instead, but I promise that I will get to it!

Amy Collins said...

That was sweet to read...my story is not as good ;) But I will say I feel like I'm the lucky one here!! Thanks for sharing.

Ande said...

I think that it is cute. I will have to put mine on our blog. :) You aren't the first to go after the Best Friend. Ha But looks like it worked out for the best.