Well finally I gave in and made Mateo an eye appointment. He has been complaining for months that he couldn't see the board at school and books. Last year I had him checked and they told me that pretty soon he would need glasses but not yet (it wasn't strong enough).
So he was just checked and we came out with a prescription. He is so happy... and that's why you always question kids. You just wonder if they think it's cool to have glasses or cool to have crutches.
Remember those days!
So in a couple of weeks he will have a new pair of glasses. What's funny is Kenny got his glasses at the same age and grade. What's even more interesting is that myself and hubby don't need or ever had glasses.
So I had to ask the doctor, "Is this something more common in kids who play computers and video games"?
He said, "Yes"!
I wouldn't doubt it, with the amount of time they spend on the computer, video games and tv, why wouldn't they need glasses!
Well as soon as we receive them I'll have to post pics of Kenny and Mateo in their glasses.
1 comment:
I got glasses in 6th grade, mine is from a Dad who was so blind he didn't know that telephone poles had wires on them until he got his glasses. --Yesterday I had a dental appointment and the gal forgot to give me my glasses, I had to pat around her table to find them, she of course apologized, not realizing how darn blind I really am.
Post a Comment