Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sleep!

Yeah, I got some sleep today! It felt great!
Everyone keeps telling me the services were perfect.
We are pleased with the way it turned out.
I can't even tell you who was there but I'm told that many people came.
It was kinda like the wedding day thing where it happens so fast your not sure what happened and who was there.
I want to thank everyone for coming and for your support.

Yesterday I was getting ready and I decided to go into my Mom's room and see what I could find of hers to keep with me for the day.
My Dad came in and found me looking. I told him what I was doing and he said, "Here you can wear this". It was one of my Mom's favorite rings. I was so happy! I haven't taken it off since.

When we went to the grave site. We were able to go as a family (just my brothers and my Dad) to the graveside and dedicate the site. That was neat and hard to be standing as a family (without Mom).
There were some wonderful things said of my Mom yesterday and I appreciate the thoughts and love from everyone.
I know that who she was came through to everyone. She was admired by all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It was so great getting to see everybody and catching up...I just wish that we would have had more time :) It almost seems like a dream now that I am back in NC!Everything was so beautiful and I think that we all did great! I so wish that we were closer geographically so that I could help more, but you are a little Aunt Soli so you will do it all perfectly. Keep taking lots of pics so I can watch the kids grow! I love you and hope that we get to see each other again soon!

Lettie

Ande said...

I heard that it was really nice. I wish that I could have been there. Glad that you seem to be getting some sleep. (I'm not :) ) Well, onto decorating for Halloween!!!