Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where to begin?

The last of the family has left, the kids are back in school and everyone is at work. I'm not to sure how the rest of our days are suppose to go. Yesterday I was taking a nap and while coming out of my sleep I began to tell myself, "go check on Mom". During the day I was privileged to take care of my mother's needs. I would run up and down the stairs making sure she was comfortable and if she needed anything.
This last month I was afraid to leave her alone for too long. So I would hang out at the house a lot and I'm not to sure what I should do now.
I know it's going to take time.
It still doesn't feel real. We're just going through the motions.

My Dad found this poem my Mom wrote years ago.

During this time
We've been apart
I've been able,
To search my heart.

You've become my strength
All things I'd hoped for.
No other girl,
Could have asked for more.

I wish sometimes,
I would have said
How much I appreciate
All you did.

My thoughts are often,
Of me and you.
And fun filled things,
We use to do.

But now there's someone,
To share our love.
And she's been sent,
From our Father above.

Our Heavenly Father was
So willing to give.
Now we must show and teach her
The right way to live.

You've brought such happiness
Into my life,
You make me proud
To be your wife.

Soli Landin

You are missed and you'll never be forgotten!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Rachael,
I don't know if you remember me or not. This is Karen Layton we were in the fairfield ward together. Anyways I was just reading on Ande blog and heard about your Mom. I Just want to tell you how sorry I am for you guys. Your Mom is a neat lady!!! So sweet, great relief society lessons, a great example to all! That poem that she wrote was so beautiful! I know how it feels to loose a parent. I lost my Dad almost 2 years ago. It has been very difficult. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts, best wishes for all of you.

kellynmaryweaver said...

Raychel love you and thinking about you, that poem made me think of a day I had with my dad and he shared some special thoughts with me I will never forget how awesome for you to have that in writing,how much your mom loved you and how proud she was of you, I always told how blessed I was to be your companion and she said imagine how I feel I am her mom! One Day at a time, you will make it through this I know...Mary

Elise said...

Such a beautiful poem!! Your mom was truly gifted and a blessing to all us around her. You are in my prayers. I know it is hard right now but it will get better. Call me if you need to get away or to just talk. I love you. Elise

4everYoung said...

Hey Rachel- I wish i could have been there on Monday. I have been sick and Rob is gone. We have been thinking about your family, you guys are awesome. Thank goodness families are forever!! Love ya!