Sunday, September 28, 2008

Project Time!


Well I finished it! I started it months ago and just didn't have enough time to finish. It's my first quilt (that I've done on my own). It's not perfect but it will work (and get used) for a 2 year old. I hope that each one will get better. I plan to make many more. The boys and my niece want one and I have some secret projects planned.
My Mom was the best at projects; sewing, painting, baking, etc...
You name it she did it. Anytime I had a question or got stuck she was there to help me through it. I knew finishing the quilt would be hard but I was determined.
I ran into some problems but instead of giving up I called some friends and they helped me through it. Thanks!
Last night I went to the RS broadcast and they mentioned how Relief Society can be a huge help in our lives if we let them. I am a true believer of the RS organization. They were organized for a purpose. To help those in need, young and old. I met my best friend through RS (church). She taught me a great lesson, that everyone is going through something but if we choose to serve others our trials will seem small.
Years ago when I became active (again) in church I knew one day the church would be by support through this difficult time. They truly have been. I want to say thank you for your support, love and encouraging words.

4 comments:

kellynmaryweaver said...

I have thought about Sister Beck's words from her mother all day, and I could hear your mom in those words...We will be your suport, your sisters, your friend, your mom...We love you Raychel and I learned more from your mom then any other relief society sister since I joined the church. I only wish I would have said thanks to her more often.

Ande said...

You finished it, good for you!!!! Sorry I couldn't help too much. It looks great.

Leticia said...

Raych your quilt is so cute and perfect for that princess of yours! I am so impressed! We should have a family craft weekend and do some quilts and such with Grammy.

Amy Collins said...

Hey Raychel I know I am a little late on commenting here on your blog and hopefully you will see this. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this right now, my heart aches for you and your family. I still have memories of your mom and can remember her always smiling. She was such a neat lady and so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter like you. Remember of course your ties are eternal and one day you will be together again, but for now she will always be in your heart!! Take care and great job on the beautiful quilt...I'm impressed.