Today was a huge roller coaster ride of emotions!
Let me start with Sunday, it was a huge milestone for my children. Kenny bore his testimony for the first time at church. My Mom would have/was been so proud. I was in shock when he got up. It was a huge blessing for me. Usually I'm the one to get up. I just couldn't bring myself to, so he did it for me.
Next, I decided to bring Christina to church. Usually I leave her home with Dad because she gets antsy. Before my Mom passed she asked me when I would bring her back to church. Well yesterday was that day. I was so nervous! That little girl amazed me, she stayed the whole three hours. She enjoyed every moment of it.
Well on today. I woke up to a very quiet house, still getting use to that. I wasted the morning away not knowing what to do. I finished the quilt and haven't bought anymore fabric. I needed a new project.
So I went to the library and found a cute fairy book. It's all about how to make costumes, little fairy dolls, etc... It had a cute dress-up doll, that I thought would be perfect for church. So we took off to Michael's.
I had the whole thing planned out. I was going to change it up a bit. Bought all the stuff and came home to get crafting. I'm not a very crafty person. My Mom was a huge crafter. She could draw, paint, sew, etc... Anytime I try to do stuff it looks like a 3rd grader made it.
So I became stressed out, as usual, and couldn't finish it. I began to think about how my Mom always came to the rescue and would help me figure out how to make it better and/or finish it for me. I spent the rest of the afternoon depressed!
Finally 5:00 rolls around and everyone is arriving home. They see my half done project and say it looks great. My Dad also points out that Christina doesn't care if it's perfect!
That's right, I thought, she doesn't even know the difference.
My niece came over and said, "Auntie Raychel, your doing great, it looks amazing"!
That made my day!
2 comments:
Hi Raychel, I finally made it to your blogspot and think it is soooo cool. I can barely type this through my tears. I love looking at the pictures of your kids. You are a great writer. Your mom is so proud of you. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings. Love always, Kathy Z. PS the fairy book is great! Please tell the whole fam I say hello and I'm thinking of you all.
ok Raych, so you landins know how bad I am with computers. I had to use anonymouse until I could sign up with google. Now I can be an official blogposter!! kathy z
Post a Comment